Better Not Broken, LLC
Better Not Broken, LLC is a Michigan-based corporation that seeks to assist and empower individuals and communities towards advancement and success.
It’s mission is to inspire, motivate and equip teens, college students and adults to overcome circumstantial roadblocks and progress towards personal life transformation.
This is accomplished through the ‘Better Step Programs’ which provides mentorship, life coaching, community assistance and advocacy through public speaking.
Founded and led by Marvin Cotton Jr., the organization is an outgrowth of his personal triumphs of overcoming a poverty-stricken upbringing, being wrongfully imprisoned for 20 years and retaining his freedom by the overturning of that wrongful conviction.
Meet Marvin Cotton Jr.
Founder & CEO
Marvin Cotton Jr. is the Founder & CEO of Better Not Broken, LLC. He is a Justice Reform Advocate, a community organizer and strategist, a lecturer, best selling author, a loving partner, doting father, and Detroit native son.
He served 19 years, 7 months and 12 days of a natural life sentence in the Michigan Department of Corrections as a result of a wrongful conviction for which he was exonerated October 1, 2020.
This experience inspired his advocacy toward equitable and just systems, but also his equipping of others to navigate oppressive systems and find great success.
OPTIMISM. OPPORTUNITY. OVERCOMING.
This interactive self-help blueprint is specially curated for those who are determined to be BETTER, NOT BROKEN!
– How do you stay optimistic when your life has been shattered by lies?
– Who do you trust when life’s challenges are designed to crush you?
– What do you do when you feel trapped in a nightmare you are unable to wake up from?
– When do you activate the tools to reset emotional intelligence and discipline after trauma?
– Where are the opportunities to overcome poverty, build wealth and change lives?
– Why are prison reform and systemic racism ruining lives and what can you do about it?